One of the major activities of the ISPRS SC is the summer school, which aims to provide an opportunity for students and young researchers under the age of 35 to participate in a series of lectures, practical sessions, technical tours and social events at a minimum cost as well as to provide an avenue for the participants, lecturers and host countries to establish and widen their professional networks.
The objectives of the ISPRS SC summer school are as follows:
- To provide an opportunity for students and young researchers to participate in an international event,
- To provide a platform of information exchange for students, young researchers, professors and experts in the fields of remote sensing, photogrammetry and geospatial information sciences,
- To allow students and young researchers to interact in a more comfortable environment through social events and technical, educational and/or recreational tours,
- To immerse international participants to the culture and practices of the host country,
- To promote the ISPRS SC and its activities, as well as to recruit more members into the organization,
- To introduce ISPRS activities and potential opportunities within the organization to the participants, and
- To foster friendship and nurture a future of collaboration among students, young researchers, professors, experts, ISPRS SC and ISPRS.