If you would like to share an opportunity on this page, kindly fill in this form.
Last update: 18 May 2017 (We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties, please bear with us).
PhD and Fellowships
1.Research Assistant/Postdoc: An Operable System for LoD3 Model Generation Using Multi-source Data and User-friendly Interactive Editing
Contact Person: Dr. Armin Gruen (email@example.com)
Deadline: 4 June 2017
2. PhD Vacancy: Automatic generation of semantic 3D city models from 3D textured meshes
New fully-funded 4-year PhD position at our group about automatic generation of semantic 3D city models from 3D textured meshes, in collaboration with the Dutch company CycloMedia: https://3d.bk.tudelft.nl/jobs/phdcmt2017/.
Interested? Apply before 15 May 2017.
3. Graduate Teaching Assistant for Fall 2017 in the Geospatial Information Science and Engineering Program of the State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry
Applications are invited for a graduate teaching assistant at the Master’s or Ph.D. level beginning fall 2017 in the Geospatial Information Science and Engineering program of the Dept. of Environmental Resources Engineering at the State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry. The selected applicant will offer 20 hours per week teaching assistance in exchange for a tuition waiver and a stipend sufficient to cover living expenses. The student will be under the guidance of Dr. Giorgos Mountrakis (www.aboutgis.com). The research area is open within the geospatial and remote sensing field, from algorithmic development for terrestrial remote sensing to interdisciplinary geographic studies integrating climatic, land cover and socioeconomic data. Strong quantitative, written and oral communication skills are expected. The position is open to U.S. and international students. Interested applicants are encouraged to fill out this web form after they take their GRE test (http://www.aboutgis.com/
4. International Climate Protection Fellowship for Young Climate Experts from Developing Countries
The fellowship is offered by the Federal Ministry of Environment of Germany.
5. The Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2018
The fellowship is hosted at selected Japanese institutions.
6. Victoria Doctoral Scholarships for New Zealand and International Students, 2017-2018
Scholarship is tenable at the University of Wellington, New Zealand for a period of three years.
7. The United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability PhD Programme
The PhD Programme in Sustainability Science is now accepting applicants. Scholarships are available.
1. M.Sc in Geoinformatics at Department of Natural Resources, TERI University
Department of Natural Resources, TERI University offers an M.Sc Programme in Geoinformatics to enable aspiring professionals and researchers to address various real-world challenges in spatial thinking. In addition to an innovative curriculum steered by qualified faculties, vibrant industrial exposure, and competitive placement opportunities, the programme provides a multidisciplinary teaching and research environment promoting sustainable development.
Please visit http://www.teriuniversity.ac.in/msc-geoinformatics for more information.
2. Scholarships at ITC, Faculty of Geo-information Science and Earth Observation, The Netherlands
ITC offers and 18 months master programme; Geo-information Science and Earth Observation which is eligible to many scholarship programmes.
3. Shanghai Government Scholarship 2017, China
The scholarship is offered by the Shanghai government in China for students taking masters or doctoral programs.
4. Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2017
Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study in the UK are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. Applications are now open.
5. VLIR-UOS Master Degree Scholarships for Developing Countries in Belgium, 2017
The scholarships are offered for various masters and training course notably, Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management (Oceans and Lakes), Master of Rural Development.